Acquired Brain Injury affects nearly 400,000 people each year in the UK!
The effects are individual and quite often unknown or invisible to see.
This 2-day course goes into detail about the effects of surviving an Acquired Brain Injury; it explains the difficulties that survivors can face, and some of the issues that can occur.
It also breaks down standard Hypnotherapy practices and shows why some of the standard training cannot be used in circumstances, as well as highlighting issues that can cause further issues.
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) effects more than just the individual, it affects everyone around that person; whether they are a spouse, child, sibling or other family member, it can affect relationships at home, work or friendships.
Working with families can relieve many issues, when you can share your knowledge and understanding to those around, then you can ease their pain, not just physical, but mental and emotional too. This injury does affect more people than the individual who survived it, but dealing with the issue will need more than just the individual to succeed.
ABI is complicated, unique and life shattering, it is sudden, unexpected and very rarely understood. But gaining knowledge and insight can alter that, knowing how to progress with the individual, by their needs, their speed, you can make the difference.
What will you learn:
- What is an ABI?
- The different types of ABI
- The areas that can be affected
- Physical factors
- The hidden factors
- Understanding the need to alter standard techniques
- Building your own protocols
- Parasympathetic Stimulation and its necessity
- Working with the hidden effects
- Working with Physical Effects
This 2-day course will bring you insight into what CAN happen, and be AWARE that each injury is individual, as each treatment must be. Understanding the cautions involved in some preferred practices and the dangers of using the wrong standard training practices, as well as how to alter them.
So who is Rogan Grant?
Rogan has been connected with Headway UK – The Brain Injury Association since 2007, he started as a client, and recently stepped down as Chair of a regional branch. It was through his discovery of Hypnotherapy and consequent training, that he has attended Regional and National Functions for Headway as a Therapist during the last 4 years. Listed as a Neuro-Hypnotherapist by Headway, he has worked with groups and individuals and gained great success and feedback. Rogan is also a GHR supervisor and a Director on the Board of the Scottish Hypnotherapy Foundation. As well as using psychotherapies, he is also certified in Nutrition and Massage Therapy and believes in a Holistic approach to bespoke treatments. He has studied Gestalt, Law of Attraction and other theories and is currently working on writing his own book and new programmes based on his combined understanding. A speaker for Natural Health and Brain Injury Awareness, Rogan has based his direction focused on the need for access to more ‘complementary’ and natural techniques in ABI recovery.
You will receive:
- 2 days of comfortable but intensive training
- 11 Accredited CPD Training Hours and Certificate
- A Course Completion Certificate
- A relaxed atmosphere
- Experience and understanding from both sides: injured and therapist
- A complete information pack to go with the course for review
- A central Edinburgh City venue
- Tea/Coffee at reception, breaks, snacks and refreshments throughout
- Lunch break with time to explore
- Free Wi-Fi and printing if needed for tickets etc
- Discounted Accommodation at several venues nearby
- Contact organisation details to offer your services to
- And the chance to Network with like minded therapists
Tickets go on sale 2nd January , check out the eventbrite page HERE